Today is national washing up day in Bunol, Spain because yesterday the small town hosted the world’s biggest food fight! Boasting slightly more than 9,000 residence, Bunol invited over 40,000 people to take part in La Tomatina.
To celebrate, we gave away a £100 hungryhouse voucher to one lucky winner. Congratulations to Mr. Barry Smith! He wins £100 to buy food weapon reserves for when a nation wide food fight reaches the UK … or order pizza for the next month.
That’s not all folks! The survey results are in and we have answers to your burning questions.
Read more to find out the cruel and unusual forms of food fight weaponry that your fellow countrymen plan to use when La Tomatina reaches our shores. You’ll want to be well prepared to defend off the guy with a live swordfish and the woman with ninja throwing tortilla chips.
1) What’s the best food weapon?
28% Something else ….
It’s that 28% you need to be worried about. They have plans, and those plans involve causing you pain and stains for life. In general, the “something else” crew can be divided into three groups; cruel and unusual, messy, strange.
Cruel and Unusual
- Frozen Fish – obviously!
- Deep-frozen raw eggs
- Overcooked Pizza. It’d be like a giant throwing star
- T-Bone steak
- Frozen lasagne
- A frozen leg of lamb
- My wifes dumplings….they’d knock an elephant out
- Something hard and unyielding, like a motorway service station pasty…
- Chilli Beef Burrito…. Burn!!!
- A large tanker of honey through a high pressure hose. Followed by a truck of coconut shavings…with an industrual fan!
- Wet stinky pieces of fish
- Custard (my first thought was a brick but that would be cheating)
- Bananas!!!! They can be used as boomerangs and they HUUUUUURT as hell
- A big fish to slap someone with!!
- Lychees, they are remarkably hard yet spiky and you could smuggle them in without anyone knowing,..
- Tortilla chips – they are like mexican ninja throwing stars!
- Pancakes with syrup on! Frisbee style!
- Jelly- it really sticks
- Custard cannon
- Cold sticky boiled rice, it is easy to ball and has max mess effect.
- Blue cheese, smelly and crumbly.
- Chocolate sauce, messy, but fun to lick off…
- Porridge. Sticks to you. Becomes cement. Never comes off
- Meatballs in a catapult would be good!!!
- A feast of missiles! The more the variety, the better the stains!
- Big fat greasy kebab with lots of chill dripping of it
- Ice Cream, acts like a snowball, melts and messes like a tomato
- Allergies to everything. then no one will attack you out of pity!
- Pocket sand!
- Cream in a pressurised can, or cucumber batons.
- Grapes, small but deadly
- Expired food … Because you don’t waste good food.
- Fish Pie! No one wants to be smelling like that for days…
- A banana, You can wack people over the head with it, then peel it and mush it in their face.
- Squirty cream or cheese in a spray – you could make art as you coated people in it
- A baguette, you could use it like a sword or a staff then break it up into bits to throw!
- Melted marshmallows
- Mashed potatos and a ladel
- Alphabet spaghetti – to spell out expletives!
- Mexican fajita so you could “arrrrrriba” while slapping someone with it!
- Onion Bhajis – accurate and stain opponents a fetching shade of yellow!
- Super soaker filled with soup
- Jello – because it jiggles!
- Live Sword fish!
- Tater Tots. Because they are like potato missiles
- Cottage cheese and pinapple chunks mixed. Gross texture for hitting people, interesting lumps to throw and it smells awful and splats nicely
- A water pistol full of gone-off milk.
- Baby food; just ask my daughter
- Multi-colured jelly, for that 1990s rave aesthetic.