Most Loved Sushi
Sophisticated sushi is the perfect food to order for big groups, romantic nights in, or just as a quick snack. Luckily for hungry Brits, top notch Japanese kitchens are popping up all over the country, ready to deliver handmade nigiri and maki, mouthwatering miso and fabulous Japanese curries. Here are the UK's best sushi takeaway restaurants in 2017.
Start off with irresistible starters like marinated chicken karaage, and move on to the real Japanese experience - traditional sashimi prepared to perfection.
- Top dishSashimi Platter 1
- Location62 Cleveland Way, Stepney
London E1 4UF
Koishii Japanese Restaurant
Do the traditional Japanese thing - enjoy one of Koishii’s delicious hot mains, with a portion of maki for dessert.
- Top dishChicken Katsu Curry
- Location101 Mayflower Street, Plymouth
Misumi Sushi Bar and Grill
Temaki are like great big sushi kebabs - sure to hit the spot when you’re after something extra to go with your nigiri. Misumi’s giant futomaki rolls are another “must taste” dish.
- Top dishSalmon and Avocado Temaki
- Location158 Bexley Road, Greenwich
London SE9 2PH
Looking to expand your sushi palate? Yama’s the place. A great range of makimono, onigiro and teppanyaki dishes are crying out for you to try them.
- Top dishSumo Dragon Roll Makimono
- Location88 London Road, Sheffield